B'wood doesn't want ghazals: Jagjit

Ghazal king Jagjit Singh says to keep away, because he feels the Bollywood Hindi film money-minded and do not appreciate the genre more. "The authors do not taste of ghazal. A lot of young people, such as soft songs these days, but Bollywood has no interest in ghazals ... The industry is just to make money. Peechhe bhaagte Sat paise ke Hain (all behind money), "said Singh.

veteran 70-year-old, who sang the song "Badi nazuk Hai", "Hoshwaalon Ko Khabar Kya", "Kiska Chehr" and "Tum itna already muskua Rahe ho" film, added: "I'm not saying Bollywood has become commercialized in recent times. It 's always been about making money, but in the past had a different flavor.

"Cinema is a school of thought ... but the film today has nothing to do with literature. This core is absent and only for entertainment today."

Singh has sung for more than four decades and has a repertoire of 50 albums. She has sung in languages ​​as diverse as Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati, Sindhi and Nepal, and continues to fascinate new songs, albums and concerts. But Bollywood is something, given a lack now.

"Look, I almost never had links with Bollywood. Throughout my career, I rarely sung for movies. I've always been focused on my individual career as a singer, and concentrated on my song and album ... something I still do, "he said.

The singer, who was honored with Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award, in 2003, is currently staging a concert, Symphony Ghazal, in various cities in India. It will be in concert with 30 musicians in Gurgaon 24th April. "I will sing about 20 ghazal - they are all my old songs, but the musical is a little different, there will be a lot of instruments like the violin, flute, tabla and guitar to be used, so it add. a whole new feel to my old numbers, "he said.

Singh is eager to attract young people to this initiative. "I hope ghazals begins with an appeal to young people with these initiatives. The product is the same, only the packaging will be back in this concert," he said.

In his 70 years he has planned to stage 70 concerts worldwide, but he sees no hope of taking Ghazal Symphony across the coast. "I have not planned a concert symphonic International Ghazal. It would be difficult to take local musicians and teach the right notations and tunes for musicians abroad, and then practice with them will be very long. It does is therefore not fall into my scheme of things, "he said. Meanwhile, it also works on a Ghazal and bhajan albums each.

0 comments:

Post a Comment