I'll Keep My Last Name: Kalki

Kalki Koechlin for the actor, now the biggest challenge to juggle her career and marriage.

The Newlyweds star, who is married to her boyfriend Anurag Kashyap in a small office and private Kalhatty near Ooty, said recently that taking time for each is important. "I do not think our lives have changed, but the marriage has a smile from the inside," he said.

Although the marriage seems to be an urgent business, Kalki said he had been in the works for some time. "He was in no hurry and I did not want a big deal. We had planned for months. But I wanted it to be very private, we talked to anybody," he said. At the ceremony were the brother Anurag Abhinav, friends and theater director Kalki Vikramaditya Motwani, Ishiki with his wife.

"Wedding in itself was a very practical thing for us. We succeeded in everything himself. I also had my makeup," says Kalki, who wore a simple white sari and red Kanjeevaram when Anurag was wearing dhoti. Ask if he changed his name and the actress says, "I like the name and he likes it."

Days after his marriage, Kalki is busy promoting his film Shaitan, directed by Bejoy Nambiar and produced by Anurag, to be published next month. Plays an awkward teenager, anxious to be involved with a group of young crazy party, and things escalate beyond repair. "To prepare for this role, I heard the music of Ben Harper, Bright Eyes, Elliot Smith and The Prodigy. I've seen movies like Larry Clark's Kids," he said. Kalki is also offered in Dobara Milega Zindagi Na directed by Zoya Akhtar along with Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol, in which he plays a character named Zoya. "It's a comic role and very different from Satan or Dev.D, but not a caricature or a stereotype, like the character Zoya is very real and credible," he explains.

Kalki is now busy shooting Dibakar Banerjee Shanghai, where he plays lead opposite Emraan Hashmi and Abhay Deol. He went to Israel for his theater. "I've always loved the theater and continue to do so. To me the theater is as important as the movie," he says. Will he make more movies Anurag? "They are not designed for the moment, but obviously I want to work with him," he says.

0 comments:

Post a Comment